Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete photos in macbook air but keep them in icloud

Hello,

how to I delete all the photos from my macbook air but keep them in icloud? I dont want to optimized the storage, I actually just want them of my computer. I like to access them from my phone only and need the room.

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2021 11:30 PM

Computer_illiterate2021 Said:

"how to delete photos in macbook air but keep them in icloud: Hello, how to I delete all the photos from my macbook air but keep them in icloud? I dont want to optimized the storage, I actually just want them of my computer. I like to access them from my phone only and need the room. Thank you!"

-------

Enable Photos in iCloud:

If you enable Photos in iCloud settings, once all is uploaded, you can delete these from you Mac. Then, when needed, download them from iCloud at https://www.icloud.com/photos, should you have internet access.

To Enable Photos on Mac:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID (on top-right)
  3. Select: Photos (by giving it a check mark)

Important: Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the installation of your updates, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the photo transfer. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2021 11:30 PM in response to Computer_illiterate2021

Computer_illiterate2021 Said:

"how to delete photos in macbook air but keep them in icloud: Hello, how to I delete all the photos from my macbook air but keep them in icloud? I dont want to optimized the storage, I actually just want them of my computer. I like to access them from my phone only and need the room. Thank you!"

-------

Enable Photos in iCloud:

If you enable Photos in iCloud settings, once all is uploaded, you can delete these from you Mac. Then, when needed, download them from iCloud at https://www.icloud.com/photos, should you have internet access.

To Enable Photos on Mac:

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID (on top-right)
  3. Select: Photos (by giving it a check mark)

Important: Create a Time Machine Backup, First:

Prior to the installation of your updates, be certain to backup your Mac using a Time Machine Backup. That way, you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the photo transfer. Use an external hard drive that is at least 1.5 the total storage capacity.

how to delete photos in macbook air but keep them in icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.