Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS boot issue loops on attached error - logs: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff8005f29998)

Hello,

• iMac (21,5 inch, end 2013),
  • 8 GB RAM,
  • Intel i5 + Iris graphical card,
  • Boot on external SSD (dual boot macOS Catalina),
  • Latest macOS updated

Error:

At boot, it loops (re-boot) with attached error.

Logs errors:

I get messages such as :

• panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff8005f29998)...
  • panic(cpu 3 caller ....

Partitions:

On the same SSD, there are 2 partitions :

This happens only on one of the macOS Catalina partition, on the other one (only for test, small amount of disk space) this never happens.

If this iMac works fine with the test macOS Catalina partition (no boot issues) I assume PRAM test will not help in this case.

Thank you in advance for your help

Kind Regards,

Pet.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 7:07 AM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The good news is this issue doesn't sound like a hardware related issue since one of your Catalina volumes boot.

First, please follow the steps here: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support. I would also go ahead and try to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 7:07 AM in response to pet32

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The good news is this issue doesn't sound like a hardware related issue since one of your Catalina volumes boot.

First, please follow the steps here: If your Mac starts up to an Apple logo or progress bar - Apple Support. I would also go ahead and try to reset the NVRAM: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

macOS boot issue loops on attached error - logs: panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff8005f29998)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.