Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ok…… I want to find a watch that is waterproof, has a GPS, heart rate monitor and the ability to send a msg to another phone if it senses its wearer is stressed or having heart issues. A huge ask I know but…. anyone have any suggestions?

Ok…… I want to find a watch that is waterproof, has a GPS, heart rate monitor and the ability to send a msg to another phone if it senses its wearer is stressed or having heart issues. A huge ask I know but…. anyone have any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:01 AM

An apple watch 6 has GPS as well as a heart monitor and can take an ECG and send the graph to your doctor,it can make phone calls and send texts.

It has fall detection that calls the emergency services should you have a hard fall.

The watch isn't waterproof it's water resistant but you can go swimming with it on.

It also has sleep tracking and a Blood Oxygen monitor.

All the rest of the features are here;

Apple Watch Series 6

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 6:01 AM in response to Taratag

An apple watch 6 has GPS as well as a heart monitor and can take an ECG and send the graph to your doctor,it can make phone calls and send texts.

It has fall detection that calls the emergency services should you have a hard fall.

The watch isn't waterproof it's water resistant but you can go swimming with it on.

It also has sleep tracking and a Blood Oxygen monitor.

All the rest of the features are here;

Apple Watch Series 6

Jul 31, 2021 12:50 AM in response to Taratag

Thanks FieryJack - did some reading and the GPS tracking is only going to work if your watch is out of the water - probably not possible if you are swimming and have a heart attack. Also do you have to have the phone on you or how far can it be from the watch wearer to be able to send a medical alert message and your location?

Are you an inside Apple guy or just an Apple aficionado? Cheers Tara

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.