Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used homepod won’t connect

Bought a second used homepod on eBay because I wanted to make a stereo pair. I plugged it in and held my phone close to it and nothing pops up on my phone asking to setup. All the homepod will say to me when I ask Siri a question is I’m having trouble connecting to the internet. Did the person who sold it to me have to factory reset the homepod before sending it for me to be able to connect to it? Did I get a lemon?

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 1:19 PM

It needs a working wifi to set up . Try rebooting your wifi modem and make sure your iPhone is up to date on iOS 14.7 first and you have Bluetooth, wifi and keychain turned on (on your phone) and you are using two factor authentication with your Apple ID

Then try it again

See:  if you can't set up HomePod.

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 1:19 PM in response to jcole1984

It needs a working wifi to set up . Try rebooting your wifi modem and make sure your iPhone is up to date on iOS 14.7 first and you have Bluetooth, wifi and keychain turned on (on your phone) and you are using two factor authentication with your Apple ID

Then try it again

See:  if you can't set up HomePod.

Set up and use HomePod - Apple Support

Used homepod won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.