You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to know if my iPhone camera is hacked?

And are there any ways to stop it or find out, again I’m not worried really but I’m kinda curious since I’m a freak about my online privacy

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 6:39 PM

But wasn’t there a study on Forbes that proved the iPhone and phone cameras could be hacked?

8 replies

Jul 24, 2021 2:49 PM in response to Throwawayaccount123

There is no known way to hack an iPhone, much less the camera. As such there is no way to know one way or another.

Even the current hacking software in the news is said to leave no trace, so no way to know if it was used or not.

For what its worth, its exceedingly expensive to use, so unless you may be a high value target such as a journalist, government employee, or high profile individual, its unlikely you would be actually hacked.

Jul 24, 2021 2:51 PM in response to Throwawayaccount123

When your iPhone’s camera is active a little green dot appears at the top of the screen. This indicator is hardwired to the camera so it cannot be turned off by software. Look for the green dot.

Of course the only way to really know is to put a piece of tape over the lens but you have to remove the tape is you want to use the camera. Not exactly convenient.

How to know if my iPhone camera is hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.