Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Not receiving text messages from a contact

Why am I not receiving text notifications from a contact ?

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 3:21 PM

I understand that you receiving the text messages from one particular contact, however, are not getting notifications for those texts. Check to see whether you have this contact set to Silent mode or not.

Open Messages app ➔ Locate the person's name ➔ See whether you see a "Half Moon" icon next to the name: IF you see that icon then the contact is silenced for Notifications. SWIPE LEFT on the name and Unmute it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2021 3:21 PM in response to ssfwb

I understand that you receiving the text messages from one particular contact, however, are not getting notifications for those texts. Check to see whether you have this contact set to Silent mode or not.

Open Messages app ➔ Locate the person's name ➔ See whether you see a "Half Moon" icon next to the name: IF you see that icon then the contact is silenced for Notifications. SWIPE LEFT on the name and Unmute it.

Axel F.

Iphone 11 Not receiving text messages from a contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.