Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant sign into Apple TV using Apple ID

I keep getting the same error every time I try to sign in even though I know it’s correct.

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 10:46 PM

Cannot sign into AppleTV or AppleTV+ on my smart TV even though my info is correct. I tried doing it through the phone as well and I keep getting the error

There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment and try again.

ive tried for several hours now and can’t sign in. I know my info is correct because I’ve signed out of my Apple ID on my phone and resigned in with no issues.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 10:46 PM in response to Junior420

Cannot sign into AppleTV or AppleTV+ on my smart TV even though my info is correct. I tried doing it through the phone as well and I keep getting the error

There were errors signing you in. Wait a moment and try again.

ive tried for several hours now and can’t sign in. I know my info is correct because I’ve signed out of my Apple ID on my phone and resigned in with no issues.

Jul 25, 2021 4:02 AM in response to Junior420

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Aug 19, 2021 6:04 AM in response to Urquhart1244

For novice seekers it's completely impossible to find the correct way or place to find effective Apple support so I found the closest thing that was similar to the issue I was having and gave it a try.

As far as your suggestions go for fixing my issue, all of my software and app versions are up to date. I have no idea what or how to check what a DNS is or if my router is using regular ISP provided DNS settings. The date and time zone settings are correct.

Why can we not have a place where we can call for actual customer support anymore?

Aug 16, 2021 6:19 AM in response to Tackels

As your issue seems unrelated to the Apple TV hardware, consider the different subforum for the Apple TV app for such questions (next time).

*Something* is causing that the Apple TV app is unable to communicate with the remote servers for verification. Something specific to your setup, as others are able to use this service. Probably related to settings on your TV or router.

Verify that the TV system software and app version are both up-to-date.

Verify that your TV gets its DNS from the router, and that your router is using regular ISP-provided DNS settings.

Verify that the date and time and timezone settings are correct, as that is required for secure communication.

Try restarting all devices involved (TV and network gear).

Cant sign into Apple TV using Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.