Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot sign in to Apple tv

Have signed in to every device in the household using my Apple ID and password without a problem but cannot sign in to 1 tv , it is only 1 yr old and is a Roku like the other tv in the house , have tried everything from rebooting router , unplugging everything, removing the app, making sure the app was up to date, changed my apple password , still keeps showing the error message

Posted on May 31, 2023 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 2:16 PM

- Please verify that the Roku system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom firewall changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your Roku has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

- Try a ‘cold’ restart of the Roku.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2023 2:16 PM in response to Wgak

- Please verify that the Roku system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom firewall changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your Roku has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

- Try a ‘cold’ restart of the Roku.

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Cannot sign in to Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.