Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup my photos

How do I backup my photos on iCloud photos

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 2:38 AM

If you're using iCloud Photos, your pictures are just "synced" to iCloud and won't be backed up.

But you can save all your pictures on a computer using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you're storing in iCloud – Apple Support (AU)

When your pictures are safely stored on your computer, you can delete them (if needed) from your iPhone (they will be deleted from iCloud too).

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 2:38 AM in response to farhana150

If you're using iCloud Photos, your pictures are just "synced" to iCloud and won't be backed up.

But you can save all your pictures on a computer using this procedure:--> Archive or make copies of the information you're storing in iCloud – Apple Support (AU)

When your pictures are safely stored on your computer, you can delete them (if needed) from your iPhone (they will be deleted from iCloud too).

Regards

Giulio

How do I backup my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.