Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.4 does not work with my HP C46

I upgraded to Big Sur 11.4 and now my HP photosmart C4680 printer doesn't work. This printer came with a previous MacBook. How do I make them communicate?

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 6:07 AM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2021 6:58 AM in response to cnyskan

Hi,

You may want to begin by resetting the printing system and re-adding the printer. Does the operating system suggest a suitable driver?

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

The support page for the HP Photosmart C4680 All-in-One Printer does not appear to have drivers for modern Mac operating systems.

If necessary, you could perhaps test the (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS package from Apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US) instead. An HP Photosmart C4600 series (driver version 3.3.2) is mentioned in the referenced article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

Software conflicts cannot be ruled out when testing printer drivers, so make sure that you have multiple backup copies of important files (documents, photos, et cetera).

Big Sur 11.4 does not work with my HP C46

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.