Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unwanted emails???

I've been getting many unwanted emails, I've added blocking to each of these items, but they still appear in my Junk folder. I have to trash each one individually! There should be a way to simply eliminate these unwanted emails, just as simple as blocking them, such as "Block and Delete FOREVER"! In this particular case they are all financially based, I've tried to unsubscribe to absolutely No avail!!!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:35 AM

If they come from the same sender, you could simply create a rule in mail (preferences > rules) that will move those messages to the trash. Otherwise, most simply end up in junk mail.

You can also customize your junk mail settings in mail preferences too.

Unsubscribe should work for legitimate businesses. But, in the past some people used unsubscribe forms to get more information from users. Just delete the messages.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 8:35 AM in response to Cynd1031

If they come from the same sender, you could simply create a rule in mail (preferences > rules) that will move those messages to the trash. Otherwise, most simply end up in junk mail.

You can also customize your junk mail settings in mail preferences too.

Unsubscribe should work for legitimate businesses. But, in the past some people used unsubscribe forms to get more information from users. Just delete the messages.

Jul 25, 2021 8:44 AM in response to Cynd1031

If the sender or the message attributes are consistent, then mail app rules (mentioned above), and mail provider rules (iCloud can filter messages using some rules, as can other mail providers).

For the more typical spam with varying mail sources and message attributes, I’ve been using SpamSieve for some years, and that works well.

Unwanted emails???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.