Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HUGE amount of junk mail since updating to Ventura?

Hello! I'm running Ventura 13.2.1. Since updating, I'm getting 100 junk mail emails in my junk folder that were not there before updating. These are specific emails that I have blocked and/or labeled as junk and directed to trash.

Is there something I can do to stop this? Or at least have them show up in trash to be deleted. I've looked at rule settings but don't want to set a rule for each email address to accomplish this. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 2:40 PM

Use the simple keyboard combo in below image.

That is predicated on verifying the Spam or Junk is truly that.

Have you ever Marked an e-mail as Blocked or Junk in Error.

I have, so just deleting without checking is risky IMHO

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 18, 2023 2:33 PM in response to Larrycreativeguy

Do you have more than one email address associated with your Apple email account, i.e. aliases? If you do you can create another alias (up to 3) and then deactivate the problem alias at the iCloud.com site.

I was getting around 150 junk/spam emails a day on one of my aliases. I went to the iCloud.com site and deactivated that particular alias. Since then I haven't gotten a single spam/junk email. But you need to be using an alias first to be able to do this.

Feb 18, 2023 12:55 PM in response to Larrycreativeguy

Larrycreativeguy wrote:

Hello! I'm running Ventura 13.2.1. Since updating, I'm getting 100 junk mail emails in my junk folder that were not there before updating. These are specific emails that I have blocked and/or labeled as junk and directed to trash.

Is there something I can do to stop this? Or at least have them show up in trash to be deleted. I've looked at rule settings but don't want to set a rule for each email address to accomplish this. Any suggestions?

?

Its a Junk folder why spend any time micro mangaing a Junk folder....

I would never have them automatically moved to trash, if for any reason you need to review them.

You can always Select all with Command A and delete them or hold the shift key to select a range once every 6 mos for example.

HUGE amount of junk mail since updating to Ventura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.