Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need older version to download

I have an older MAC but want to download iMovie. Is there an older version I can download?

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 3:50 PM

Apple is only offering current downloads for newly-acquired apps; for those that have not previously acquired iMovie.

If you have previously acquired iMovie, check your previous purchases in the App Store, and see if you can download from there.

7 replies

Jul 31, 2021 12:58 PM in response to Prc1030

If you supply the requested information , there may be other options.

Click on the Apple sign  at the top left of your screen and select "About This Mac".

Tell us ( 1) what OS you are running and ( 2) what year model it is .

You should see something like this......

All Macs come with iMovie , so if you are the original owner of the Mac that you have then it will have come with iMovie installed. If it is a used Mac , then iMovie may have been deleted before you got it.

If your Mac is late 2013 or older then it will have come with iMovie ver 10 . If it is older than this then it would be ver 8 or 9 .

Have you done a search for iMovie on your Mac ?

Jul 30, 2021 8:58 AM in response to cdrums1234

cdrums1234 wrote:

lion osx 10.7,5

Different poster? If this for is a macOS upgrade? Which Mac model and which model year? (> About This Mac) What you're running now can be anywhere between the oldest and the newest version available for a particular Mac model and year.

For iMovie (this thread), you're not going to get a new install from Apple for anything that far back. And I'd distrust downloads from other sources, as that's where the malware tends to be made available to the unwary.

need older version to download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.