Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone won't ring ONLY when locked

My iPhoneX on IOS 14.7 will not ring ONLY when the phone is locked if I unlock the phone I the phone rings fine and before anyone comments DND is off and the ringer is turned all the way up. I have tested multiple times and even restarted the phone (also just an FYI I work for a support desk and deal with iPhones and iPad on a daily basis) when calling the phone with the screen locked the calls go right to voicemail and do not ring on my phone or the callers end. Also notifications for text messages dont come through.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:35 PM

Noted that you deal with iPhones and iPads on a daily basis and therefore my response will be targeted as such.

I am sure that you have checked Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF as well.

From your description, this almost feels like your iPhone loses cellular connection when it is locked and idle. This would explain the iPhone not ringing and sending calls straight to voicemail. Sort of like being in AirPlane mode.

Perhaps Resetting Network Settings may help in the event there is a disconnect with the cellular service while it is locked.

One other thing to do, if you are up for it, is to Reset the iPhone back to factory settings and restoring it manually. If this does not work then it may be a hardware issue.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 4:35 PM in response to BE72S21

Noted that you deal with iPhones and iPads on a daily basis and therefore my response will be targeted as such.

I am sure that you have checked Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF as well.

From your description, this almost feels like your iPhone loses cellular connection when it is locked and idle. This would explain the iPhone not ringing and sending calls straight to voicemail. Sort of like being in AirPlane mode.

Perhaps Resetting Network Settings may help in the event there is a disconnect with the cellular service while it is locked.

One other thing to do, if you are up for it, is to Reset the iPhone back to factory settings and restoring it manually. If this does not work then it may be a hardware issue.

Axel F.

Phone won't ring ONLY when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.