Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to restore gmail on my iPhone XS

I deleted my Gmail account (even though my iPhone XS shows Gmail as my default email account), it doesn't show up in my list of email accounts, and I don't get my Gmail email on my iPhone anymore.

However, when I try to add it again and put my account ID into my iPhone via 'Mail' - 'Accounts' - 'Add account' - and then click on Google, my settings requires me to use "google.com" to sign in (if I click cancel it doesn't give me any other option). So when I click "Continue" with Google, it takes me to the Sign-in page, which says to use my Google Account. When I put in my ID to begin signing in, the phone face dims and the 'Next' option doesn't work - so I am stuck on the sign-in page as the phone keeps trying to go to my password page, but never does.

Am I doing this wrong? Is there another way to add my Gmail account back into my iPhone XS?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 12:08 AM

Are you using Gmail as your Apple ID?

This process is valid for all mails, AOL, Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, Exchange etc etc

1. Keep your email id and password handy
  2. Use this link to find out your Incoming and Outgoing server settings by entering your email address

https://support.apple.com/mail-settings-lookup

If it is not available in the link above contact your email client

The GIF is self explanatory.

iCloud Account IMAP and SMTP

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 12:08 AM in response to kld-dnp

Are you using Gmail as your Apple ID?

This process is valid for all mails, AOL, Google, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, Exchange etc etc

1. Keep your email id and password handy
  2. Use this link to find out your Incoming and Outgoing server settings by entering your email address

https://support.apple.com/mail-settings-lookup

If it is not available in the link above contact your email client

The GIF is self explanatory.

iCloud Account IMAP and SMTP

Jul 26, 2021 5:08 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for giving me those directions. I got almost to the end using the manual directions, but after I completed the screen where you add the incoming and outgoing information, the next screen had a pop-up that said, "No password provided for "Gmail" Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password." When I go to Mail - Account Settings - there is no option to enter a password - so I am stuck.

Jul 27, 2021 4:14 PM in response to kld-dnp

After one 2-hour long chat with an Apple advisor last night, and another 2+ hours on the phone with a different Apple advisor this morning, and an hour and a half with a Geek Squad guy at Best Buy, all of them say that this is an issue with the Gmail app and that the only way it will be 'fixed' for me is if Google becomes aware of it and puts out a 'fix' for it. Apparently, it is NOT the iPhone - it is the Google app that is not recognizing what it should be recognizing.

So I wanted to thank you and let you know the outcome for me.

Unable to restore gmail on my iPhone XS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.