Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colored lines whenever I open an app!!!

So recently my computer has began to have small streaks of blue and pink lines flashing across the screen. I haven't dropped my computer so this is odd. I closed out all my open apps or go to my home screen and the lines stop. It appears to only happen when I open something. Then if the app has an white background a streak of a slight blue line can be seen in the background, but these things are only visible when there is an app open. Can someone please give advice or let me know what the issue may be? Thanks so much.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 11:54 PM

Generally, Multicolored lines, checkered boxes, disappearing lines etc are symptoms of a failing display or the graphics card / Logic Board. The diagnosis will be best performed at the Apple Store. Meanwhile, you may conduct some basic troubleshooting before you take your MacBook Pro to the Apple Store.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 11:54 PM in response to CaptainGo5ha

Generally, Multicolored lines, checkered boxes, disappearing lines etc are symptoms of a failing display or the graphics card / Logic Board. The diagnosis will be best performed at the Apple Store. Meanwhile, you may conduct some basic troubleshooting before you take your MacBook Pro to the Apple Store.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then you can enter ➔ macOS Recovery Mode and reinstall the macOS and see if that solves it.

Thats all I have for now. Beyond the above recommendations, You can have your MacBook Pro examined at the Apple Store or an Authorized Service Center when they open or contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Colored lines whenever I open an app!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.