Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green blue red dots on screen (MacBook Pro 13 m1)

Hi community. I was using Final Cut Pro and noticed that there were a lot of green, red, blue dots on where the preview is located.

I opened up a file with solid black to check if there were another area with a lots of those dots.

unfortunately, there was another area with dots but it is smaller.

These dots seem disappear or blended in colors while I am watching videos or playing games. But they look visible on black background.

any solutions for this? I found a thread and it says, try resetting NVRAM. But NVRAM reset is not available on Apple silicon computers.

solutions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 7:14 AM

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error reported, take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2022 7:14 AM in response to snufkin1Q89

Hi,

Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help or error reported, take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Green blue red dots on screen (MacBook Pro 13 m1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.