Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does a light dot show up on my iPhone 11 Pro camera

wby Does a light dot show up on my iPhone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 8:56 PM

Where does this dot show? Which color is the dot? Does it only appear when you are using your camera?

If it is a Green (dot) indicator, then it means that either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone. The indicator is there to make you aware that your camera is in use.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 8:56 PM in response to Tduvall31

Where does this dot show? Which color is the dot? Does it only appear when you are using your camera?

If it is a Green (dot) indicator, then it means that either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone. The indicator is there to make you aware that your camera is in use.

Axel F.

Jul 29, 2021 5:03 PM in response to Tduvall31

Glad you posted the images. That almost looks like a lens flare but it is not. Try wiping the camera lens with DRY linen cloth. If you have already done so and it has not helped then the issue maybe inside the lens mechanism. It appears that the dot is not in the same spot every time. It is almost like a spec of dust inside and it is refracting light depending on its position at the time when the image is taken.

Have you taken your iPhone to the Apple Store to get it examined at all?

Axel F.

Why does a light dot show up on my iPhone 11 Pro camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.