Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no home app notification in CarPlay iOS 14

I recently got a smart lock for my front door that is HomeKit compatible. When I leave home or return home I get a notification on my iPhone asking if I want to run the automations that lock/unlock the door. These don't show up in CarPlay, so I have to fumble with the iPhone to confirm that I want the automation to run. I've checked settings and CarPlay notifications are turned on. Can't find any other setting that would affect this, maybe I'm missing something? or is this expected behavior?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 2:28 AM

You may know more here --> Control your home from CarPlay - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 26, 2021 3:10 AM in response to SravanKrA

that works for commands not related to a smart lock, but there's apparently added security for smart locks. You can't use Siri in CarPlay to lock/unlock the door. And when the automations run that automatically detect when I'm leaving home or returning home, there's the notification that asks if I want to run the automation and it doesn't show in CarPlay. The notification happens only with the smart lock due to the added security. But fumbling with the iPhone while driving is much less safe. Sometimes the notifications show up on my Watch, but trying to tap the notification on my Watch while driving isn't any easier... gotta turn my left wrist to have the Watch face me, then use my right hand to tap 'yes'. What do I steer with? lol

no home app notification in CarPlay iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.