Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move the dock to another monitor? 2020 MBP/Big Sur.

Hi everyone. I'm running the latest OS and I'm using a 2020 MBP with a Samsung C34H890.

Unfortunately, whenever I connect to an external monitor, my Mac likes to pick and choose where to display the dock.

I've tried "moving my cursor" down the screen, which does nothing. I've tried moving the dock to the left, right & bottom to see if it would help but that also did nothing. I've even tried moving the white bar in the Display Arrangement area of Preferences, which also did nothing.

Does Apple have an option to keep the dock on all pages? Super confusing, any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:04 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 26, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Mission Control and spaces give me a headache, and I hate it. I much prefer setting up multiple displays as one big "Extended Desktop".

When you use ONLY "Extended Desktop", the Dock will appear on the selected edge of the Primary Display (the one with the tiny menubar Icon selected in the Arrangement pane) except when another display extends that edge. In that obscure case the dock will be shown on the selected edge of the combined Extended Desktop,

Jul 26, 2021 8:17 AM in response to sabythemacmaster

There are some features in Mission Control that could be helpful if you decide to use your Mac this way.

The concept is called "spaces". a "space" is a collection of Apps and Windows on a separate desktop, and you can have multiples of these is existence. You can swap which one is the active space using features in Mission Control.

It gets a little more complex when you choose to extend that concept to multiple displays and allow displays to have separate spaces.

Move the dock to another monitor? 2020 MBP/Big Sur.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.