Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings

I just got a new iPhone 12 and went through the update prompts with no problems but then I am getting an alert in my Settings, under Update Apple ID Settings. When I click on it, it then takes me to a screen that advises me "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again". So, I click on Continue and it takes me to a sign in screen to enter my password, where I do and it just circles around forever and does nothing

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 9:38 AM

Hi LC720,

We understand you're being prompted to update your Apple ID settings but it won't update successfully. Since this began, have you restarted your iPhone? Does anything change if you try while connected to another network? For example, if you're trying over Wi-Fi, disconnect from Wi-Fi then connect to your cellular network and try again.

If you have Low Power Mode enabled, disable this feature and attempt to update your settings (Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode).

We also suggest checking each service to see if you're signed in there. This article walks you through where to find each service in Settings: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password.

Should the behavior continue, contact Apple Support to look into this further: Get Support.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 9:38 AM in response to LC720

Hi LC720,

We understand you're being prompted to update your Apple ID settings but it won't update successfully. Since this began, have you restarted your iPhone? Does anything change if you try while connected to another network? For example, if you're trying over Wi-Fi, disconnect from Wi-Fi then connect to your cellular network and try again.

If you have Low Power Mode enabled, disable this feature and attempt to update your settings (Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode).

We also suggest checking each service to see if you're signed in there. This article walks you through where to find each service in Settings: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password.

Should the behavior continue, contact Apple Support to look into this further: Get Support.

Cheers!

Update Apple ID Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.