Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The device is already associated with an Apple ID

From my laptop I uploaded quite a few tracks onto iCloud Music Library with iTunes and my Apple ID. When I try to play the tracks on iPhone with exact same Apple ID, however I got a pop up error message that says “If you use iTunes Match with your Apple ID, you cannot use iTunes Match, auto-downloaded or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days.” It has me either Cancel or Transfer.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:06 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 27, 2021 11:02 AM in response to Tom Z.

Hey there Tom Z.,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing an error message when playing songs from the same Apple ID. We're happy to provide some assistance.

This may seem like a simple step, but have you tried restarting your device and making sure your device is up-to-date? This can potentially resolve unexpected issues. Look here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

If the issue persists, does this occur with specific songs? If so, try deleting and re-downloading these specific songs.

Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

The device is already associated with an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.