Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 battery health dropping fast?

I have been using my iPhone 12 since early November! Recently, however, my iPhone 12 has been loosing battery health capacity. At first in just last one, which is totally normal. However, my phone has been loosing one percentage each week thus far. Specifically, it was at 99% on July 9 (which seems normal). Then, it went down to 98 one week later. Recently, it went to 97% the following week. I don't know if this is normal, but it does not seem right that I have been loosing so much over so little time. Should I leave it or should I consider making an appointment with Apple?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 4:55 PM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2021 5:26 PM in response to 17001005

You need to stop obsessing over Battery Health. Batteries are consumable parts. With every full cycle charge, your Battery Health will decline little by little. This is what batteries do. ALL batteries. If your battery health dips to 80% or less within the first 12 months, you would have a warranty claim, but that is most unlikely.

See this link about maximizing battery health and again, stop obsessing over something which is expected and completely normal --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

iPhone 12 battery health dropping fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.