Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is their iMessage turned off or am I blocked ?

I’m texting my friend and when I send it the iMessage is blue and doesn’t say delivered or anything under it but immediately turns green and says “ sent as text message “ and my friend and me both have an iPhone does this mean that I’m blocked or have they turned off their iMessage ?

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 6:15 PM

It means ether they don’t have internet access, be it cellular or Wi-Fi, or yes, that they may have turned off iMessage.

In either case the only option is to send the message as SMS, so it turns green to show that.

If you were blocked, you would not have any way of knowing. The Message would appear as sent to you, but would never reach the other person.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 6:15 PM in response to Sp1kesugar

It means ether they don’t have internet access, be it cellular or Wi-Fi, or yes, that they may have turned off iMessage.

In either case the only option is to send the message as SMS, so it turns green to show that.

If you were blocked, you would not have any way of knowing. The Message would appear as sent to you, but would never reach the other person.

Is their iMessage turned off or am I blocked ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.