Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Block

I messaged my friend on iPhone to their iPhone and it was blue but then sent as a green text message. Have they blocked me ? Also yesterday the message box went back to iMessage and I tried again but the same thing happened! Just want to know if this means I’m blocked

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 10:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 10:41 PM

If you are blocked there is no indication at all. You can only make wild guesses which may never be true.

iMessage (Blue) -

• iPhone to iPhone: requires internet (Either over WiFi or Cellular Service) as it is sent over internet protocol. Needs Activation on your device.
  • iPhone to Android: Not available

SMS/MMS (Green) -

• iPhone to Android: does not require any internet it is sent over cellular voice protocol. Needs to be enabled by your Carrier for the SIM used by you.
  • iPhone to iPhone: When iMessage is not activated or the device is not connected to the internet either over cellular or WiFi
  • You need to have an SMS/MMS plan enabled by your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS/MMS services.

It will turn from Blue to Green if you have enabled "Send as SMS" and whenever your iPhone is not connected to the internet it is sent as SMS (green) to all iPhone users.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 10:41 PM in response to 1929-yellow

If you are blocked there is no indication at all. You can only make wild guesses which may never be true.

iMessage (Blue) -

• iPhone to iPhone: requires internet (Either over WiFi or Cellular Service) as it is sent over internet protocol. Needs Activation on your device.
  • iPhone to Android: Not available

SMS/MMS (Green) -

• iPhone to Android: does not require any internet it is sent over cellular voice protocol. Needs to be enabled by your Carrier for the SIM used by you.
  • iPhone to iPhone: When iMessage is not activated or the device is not connected to the internet either over cellular or WiFi
  • You need to have an SMS/MMS plan enabled by your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS/MMS services.

It will turn from Blue to Green if you have enabled "Send as SMS" and whenever your iPhone is not connected to the internet it is sent as SMS (green) to all iPhone users.

Block

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.