Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Constant kernel panics

Been getting constant kernel panics on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, macOS Big Sur), seemingly out of nowhere - I can barely get an hour of work done before my laptop restarts.

It seems that Google Chrome is the problem. Around the same time that the kernel panics kept happening, tabs erratically failed to load and showed the "Aw, Snap!" message with an error code 5.

Is there something I can do? Attached the full kernel panic report.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 8:07 PM

If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support

First, try isolating any software that might be causing your Mac to experience issues. You can do this by booting into Safe Mode. To boot into Safe Mode, shut down your Mac, then turn it back on while holding the Shift key. How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

You can also try isolating the issue by:

If you can't isolate the software causing the issue, try reinstalling macOS. You don't need to erase any of your content to reinstall macOS, but it's smart to make a backup anyway. How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2021 8:07 PM in response to NatJF

If your Mac restarts and a message appears - Apple Support

First, try isolating any software that might be causing your Mac to experience issues. You can do this by booting into Safe Mode. To boot into Safe Mode, shut down your Mac, then turn it back on while holding the Shift key. How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

You can also try isolating the issue by:

If you can't isolate the software causing the issue, try reinstalling macOS. You don't need to erase any of your content to reinstall macOS, but it's smart to make a backup anyway. How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support.

Constant kernel panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.