Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2013 MacBook Pro getting kernel panics

I'm running a 2013 Mac Pro that's been self-upgraded to a 2.7 Ghz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5. I'm running the last version of Monterey and have a number of external drives, non-Apple keyboard, etc. plugged into it. I've been getting a couple of kernel panics a week. I've run the hardware diagnostics and nothing came up as a problem. I did the network reinstall of Monterey and that doesn't seem to have solved the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can try? I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of this computer.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 9:22 AM

What does the first part of the panics say?

Are they really kernel panics?

when your/the Mac restarts do you get a message window that says the Mac restarted with a button to Report? When do and click on Report a windows displays details of the cause. Can you post the first part of the error reports?

I periodically get mainly MCA errors and have received a few other errors too.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 9:22 AM in response to RobertMReed

What does the first part of the panics say?

Are they really kernel panics?

when your/the Mac restarts do you get a message window that says the Mac restarted with a button to Report? When do and click on Report a windows displays details of the cause. Can you post the first part of the error reports?

I periodically get mainly MCA errors and have received a few other errors too.

2013 MacBook Pro getting kernel panics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.