Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My downloaded music was deleted

my dad with an iPhone 6+ complained that all of a sudden all his music was gone. I thought he may have mis clicked a button to save room so it just deleted the downloaded music. But the same thing happened to me with my iPhone 7. I didn’t at any moment tell my phone to remove downloaded music. Since the beginning I automatically download the song when I add it to my library. So here I am manually downloading them one by one again!! And it doesn’t even work anymore, for 3 seconds it’s spinning and then it stops. I am getting on the plane tomorrow and I needed my music! I don’t understand how it’s all gone when I know I didn’t authorize anything of the sort to be done. Please someone help!! Is there a way to automatically download all the songs of your library at once or something?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 5:41 AM

Hello e_l_1,

We understand that your music downloads were removed from your device recently, and you've been unable to redownload them. We also see that you have already reviewed this guide: Add and download music from Apple Music

First, you should check and make sure that you have enough storage space available on your iPhone. To do that, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. If you're a bit low on space, use these steps to create some more room.

You should also check and see if Optimize Storage is enabled on your iPhone for Music. Go back to Settings > Music, and scroll down a bit until you see Optimize Storage. If this is enabled, then it will automatically remove songs that haven't been played after a certain amount of time.

Finally, there are a few ways to redownload your music in larger groups, rather than one-by-one. You can download them by album or playlist as well.

By Album:

• Open the Music app
  • Tap on Albums
  • Select the album you'd like to download
  • Tap the "..." in the upper right-hand corner
  • Tap on "Download"

By Playlist:

• Open the Music app
  • Tap on Playlists
  • Select the playlist you'd like to download
  • Tap on "Download"

We hope that helps you out!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 5:41 AM in response to e_l_1

Hello e_l_1,

We understand that your music downloads were removed from your device recently, and you've been unable to redownload them. We also see that you have already reviewed this guide: Add and download music from Apple Music

First, you should check and make sure that you have enough storage space available on your iPhone. To do that, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage. If you're a bit low on space, use these steps to create some more room.

You should also check and see if Optimize Storage is enabled on your iPhone for Music. Go back to Settings > Music, and scroll down a bit until you see Optimize Storage. If this is enabled, then it will automatically remove songs that haven't been played after a certain amount of time.

Finally, there are a few ways to redownload your music in larger groups, rather than one-by-one. You can download them by album or playlist as well.

By Album:

• Open the Music app
  • Tap on Albums
  • Select the album you'd like to download
  • Tap on "Download"

By Playlist:

• Open the Music app
  • Tap on Playlists
  • Select the playlist you'd like to download
  • Tap on "Download"

We hope that helps you out!

My downloaded music was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.