Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have High Sierra and it won't open the new version of Numbers. I don't need the new version. I am happy with simple spreadsheets on my old version. Is there a way to access a previous spreadsheet, even for information only?

I have High Sierra and it won't open the new version of Numbers. I don't need the new version. I am happy with simple spreadsheets on my old version. Is there a way to access a previous spreadsheet, even for information only?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:06 AM

If you are saving your documents in iCloud Drive then you could try signing into iCloud.com and going to Numbers for iCloud. Find the document there and Download a Copy as Excel or csv, which you should then be able open with your old version of Numbers.

For the best experience with Numbers, though, I highly recommend upgrading if you can, especially if you are also opening your documents on other devices where their format is automatically updated. Numbers has gotten better (not more complicated).

SG

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 7:06 AM in response to mathonmove

If you are saving your documents in iCloud Drive then you could try signing into iCloud.com and going to Numbers for iCloud. Find the document there and Download a Copy as Excel or csv, which you should then be able open with your old version of Numbers.

For the best experience with Numbers, though, I highly recommend upgrading if you can, especially if you are also opening your documents on other devices where their format is automatically updated. Numbers has gotten better (not more complicated).

SG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.