Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose my music if I move to a new country? (Change country of Apple ID)

Hello, I am moving to a new country. I used to typically have two accounts for my Apple ID, but I just want one so I don't have to keep changing accounts.

I do realize I may lose some apps if I change countries on my Apple ID.

Will I lose Music?

Will I lose Books?

Will I lose my Movies?

I will get a new Apple Music Subscription, so I'm not worried about that part, but I did purchase alot of music before I subscribed.

And I have the same question for my movies and books, both digital and audio books.

Please let me know.

Many thanks!

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 1:11 PM

Anything downloaded to a device or computer will remain downloaded and accessible.

Anything not downloaded may or may not be available in the new country's store, so you may not be able to download it after changing countries.

See the first section in the support document: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 1:11 PM in response to VagabondPilgrim

Anything downloaded to a device or computer will remain downloaded and accessible.

Anything not downloaded may or may not be available in the new country's store, so you may not be able to download it after changing countries.

See the first section in the support document: link-> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Will I lose my music if I move to a new country? (Change country of Apple ID)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.