Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music application on Mac

I recently updated to MacOS to 11.4 and I started to have a lot of issues with apple music. Specifically, before a song starts I will sometimes get ear raped with an extremely loud and sharp noise. I nearly jumped out of my chair the first time I heard it.

Another issue that has appeared is my music cutting out. Once a song is finished it shuffles to a new song but no sound is projected from my computer. It just plays the song silently until I notice and manually go back to the application to choose a new song. After-which the problem repeats itself a few songs later.

All I am really wondering is if this is a problem other people are having. I haven't seen anything here on the forums about.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:05 PM

The James H Said:

"Apple music application on Mac: I recently updated to MacOS to 11.4 and I started to have a lot of issues with apple music. Specifically, before a song starts I will sometimes get ear raped with an extremely loud and sharp noise.[...]"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Single Out this User:

Try creating a new administrator user, logging in to it, and then trying this once more. Do you still get this error? If so, it is likely an error with the macOS being corrupted somehow.

B. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Delete: this user
  4. Restart the Mac

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2021 7:05 PM in response to The James H

The James H Said:

"Apple music application on Mac: I recently updated to MacOS to 11.4 and I started to have a lot of issues with apple music. Specifically, before a song starts I will sometimes get ear raped with an extremely loud and sharp noise.[...]"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Single Out this User:

Try creating a new administrator user, logging in to it, and then trying this once more. Do you still get this error? If so, it is likely an error with the macOS being corrupted somehow.

B. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Delete: this user
  4. Restart the Mac

C. Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple SupportImportant: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Once reinstalled, try this once more, seeing if you still get this error.

Apple music application on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.