Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music is not remembering my last playlist or even the last track I was listening to after a certain and seemingly random period of time.

Apple music goes to a "not playing" screen. there is no playlist info, nothing in my queue. Pressing play loads up random tracks from my library and starts playing them. I know this seems like a "Feature" but what ends up happening is that when I get in my car and apple music does not remember where I left off, it starts playing random tracks from my library, some of which have explicit lyrics and content or are otherwise inappropriate for listeners that are in my car at that moment. I have found no way to stop this and it seems like a huge oversight. Can somebody shed some light on this super annoying bug?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 27, 2021 7:21 PM

5 replies

Jul 27, 2021 7:56 PM in response to Joel_Media22

Latest version of IOS, uninstalled/reinstalled apple music app, logged out/in to iCloud. rebooted phone, nothing changes this behavior.

It is like there is a timeout on how long the app will remember the last playlist and song you were listening to... Leaving the app running in the background makes no difference. I never exit out of apps anyway.

The use case is this: I am jamming out to kids bop in the car. The fam gets out and we go for a walk in the park, I get back in the car after a short while and plug the phone in.. next thing I know some George Carlin standup starts playing and the F-bombs are flying for the kids and grandparents to hear.

The car is really just a specific scenario I had personally experienced...but it happens when just using the phone too. I will be listening to a playlist. go eat some lunch come back and i a blank "not playing" and it forgets where I left off and i have to go through and find out where I was in the last playlist I was listening to.

Apple music is not remembering my last playlist or even the last track I was listening to after a certain and seemingly random period of time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.