Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging pencil 2 through ipad cover?

Hi,

I just bought a ipad pro and a pencil 2. generation. I would like to be able to charge the pencil without having to remove the iPad cover.

Anyone know if it is possible to get a cover where there is room for charging the pencil?

Best Tine

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 4:02 AM

The second generation Apple Pencil requires close-contact with compatible models of iPad to charge the Pencil. Charging through most covers is not possible.

There are several third-party manufacturers of iPad covers that permit charging with the iPad cover/case in place. Some hold the Pencil “captive” whilst docked with the iPad, whilst others rely upon the magnets to hold the Pencil. The latter types may be less suitable for some users as the Pencil can be easily dislodged - and potentially lost.

Whilst there are many to choose from, I would initially recommend that you look at Otterbox and STM - both of which have covers that can securely accommodate an Apple Pencil. Some covers from both of these manufacturers are also carried by Apple, both online and in Apple Stores.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2021 4:02 AM in response to tine225

The second generation Apple Pencil requires close-contact with compatible models of iPad to charge the Pencil. Charging through most covers is not possible.

There are several third-party manufacturers of iPad covers that permit charging with the iPad cover/case in place. Some hold the Pencil “captive” whilst docked with the iPad, whilst others rely upon the magnets to hold the Pencil. The latter types may be less suitable for some users as the Pencil can be easily dislodged - and potentially lost.

Whilst there are many to choose from, I would initially recommend that you look at Otterbox and STM - both of which have covers that can securely accommodate an Apple Pencil. Some covers from both of these manufacturers are also carried by Apple, both online and in Apple Stores.

Charging pencil 2 through ipad cover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.