Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i connect cinema display 1081 to 2013 macbook pro via HDMI?

Can I connect cinema display A1081 to 2013 MacBook pro via HDMI? I was using the display on my old 2014Mac mini-( nightmarishly slow)

I want to connect it to my MacBook pro- I have the HDMI Adapter from Mac mini and there is an HDMI Porton the laptop. Are they compatible? or do I have to shell out more dough for another Adapter for THUNDERBOLT?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 7:58 AM

Nothing at all? Do you not see your Mac's wallpaper?

Haver you gone into System Preferences->Displays->Arrangement? Does the monitor not appear there?

What resolution is set there? The monitor may not support the full resolution being output by the Mac.

4 replies

Jul 29, 2021 8:51 AM in response to antnysdaman

That Cinema Display provides a DVI interface, but at under 1920 wide is Single-Link DVI. It should be electrically transformable from HDMI, but you may be encountering "too many adapters".

You likely require a direct to DVI adapter, or an ACTIVE adapter (so called because it re-Drives the signals at the required higher levels of genuine DVI and HDMI, not lower levels of converted DisplayPort).

Can i connect cinema display 1081 to 2013 macbook pro via HDMI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.