Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Blurry Photos In Camera Roll Until Zooming in

Just bought the iPhone 11 and I’m completely unsatisfied and regreting my decision. I’ve been facing this problem in which I take a picture and it gets saved into the camera roll. When I get to view that picture in the camera roll it looks blurry and pixelated until I zoom in a little bit and suddenly it looks sharp and full of resolution. I turned off optimized storage on iCloud and the problem persists! I’m not even the only one that faced this problem even many others if you do search the threads on. Sorry if the photos are not arranged but you can notice the difference

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 11:15 AM

3 replies

Jul 29, 2021 9:05 AM in response to OmarMaher7

Hello OmarMaher7,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your photos are blurry when opening them in the Camera Roll.

It sounds like you're using iCloud Photos. If that's the case and they sharpen up given time, this is related to your network not loading the photo in the timeframe you expect it to do so. We'd suggest testing this on a known good Wi-Fi network.

If you just disabled Optimize iPhone Storage in Settings > Photos, then we'd give it time to download and keep those originals on your device; then test it out.

Should the issue continue to occur, then you'd want to Contact Apple Support

Hoping this helps out, take care!

iPhone 11 Blurry Photos In Camera Roll Until Zooming in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.