Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remotely (with permission) take control of my mother's iMac to help her/show her how to operate her computer

Hello,

My mom is 72 and I finally convinced her to switch from PC to Mac because I was so tired of driving to her place to install applications, teach her how to use email, show her how to store photos, etc. She is loving her new iMac (a 2020 model), but she still needs me to show her how to do certain things. Are there any apps (native or third-party) that would allow me to take control of her iMac (from my MacBook Pro) and do things for her or show her how to do things while I control her screen and she watches? We are on separate internet connections.

My work's IT department can do this with my PC workstation, so I wouldn't be surprised if Apple built this functionality into their computers. My mother will provide any passwords or verbal consents that are needed for this.

Thanks for any help,

Duncan

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 7:38 PM

Follow Up -

Here you go. This is what I was looking for.

Share screens using Messages on Mac - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/guide/messages/screen-sharing-icht11883/mac

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 28, 2021 7:35 PM in response to Dgreig

Hello, Dgreig.

I understand you want to remotely control the Mac of a family member in order to provide assistance and support. Very nice, my friend. I used to use a feature that was built into FaceTime and iMessages years ago to do the same for my grandmother. It worked very well.

Here is a link to an article from April 2021 in Macworld magazine on the subject. I hope you find it helpful.

How to access a Mac remotely to help friends or family members - Macworld:

https://www.macworld.com/article/343073/how-to-access-a-mac-remotely-to-help-a-friend-or-family.html

I'm going to dig around a bit more and see if I can find something else from Apple. Will post a link here if I find it.

Good luck. 🍀

Remotely (with permission) take control of my mother's iMac to help her/show her how to operate her computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.