Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac has some sorta parental controls and won't let me visit certain websites/apps

so I got my new mac about week ago I seems I cannot play this game I downloaded or go to certain websites (ex.fox news), If I try the game it gives me this error saying You don't have permissiom to open this please contact your administrator for assistance. This is an home computer so we don't have an computer admin. Is there anyway to get pass it? the firewall is off and I've double checked our internet permissions theres nothing that should block these things. Spotify and Chrome works fine.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 2:34 AM

User wrote " This is an home computer so we don't have an computer admin. ". Please verify in System Preferences >> Users & Groups >> then check how many account s are listed and what Account is an Admin. Account. If your account is Not Listed as Admin. suggest taking to the Admin. of this computer about your issue

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 2:34 AM in response to Realagent7

User wrote " This is an home computer so we don't have an computer admin. ". Please verify in System Preferences >> Users & Groups >> then check how many account s are listed and what Account is an Admin. Account. If your account is Not Listed as Admin. suggest taking to the Admin. of this computer about your issue

Jul 31, 2021 4:19 AM in response to Realagent7

Can speak to the website issue.

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

Jul 30, 2021 8:17 PM in response to Realagent7

There should be a little Apple icon in the top left corner of your display. Tap that Apple icon. At the top of the drop down menu, you should see a line that says this: About This Mac. Tap that About link and you should open a window showing the name and version of your operating system. You should also see 2 buttons, System Report... and Software Update... along with 6 tabs. That system window should open on the Overview tab.

Can you open that system window? What version of macOS is on your Mac? By the way...

1. What kind of Mac are you administering?
  2. Have you done an initial (standard for most people) Recovery Reinstall?

Recovery boot: Shut Down. Restart holding down ⌘ and R keys at the same time (⌘-R). Select option Reinstall MacOS.

New Mac has some sorta parental controls and won't let me visit certain websites/apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.