Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t accept or call on FaceTime

Hi I don’t have a phone number. I use iPhone 7 my software is up to date but I can’t accept or make calls via FaceTime video or audio. I use my gmail.com as my Apple ID but every time I try to call someone it says FaceTime failed for them and when someone calls me and I press answer it says FaceTime failed. So basically every time me or anyone I call press the green button it automatically says FaceTime failed. I also tried to toggle the off switch in setting of FaceTime and then reset the phone but nothing changed I also tried to update my iPhone but still I can’t make or accept FaceTime video or audio calls. Anyway you can help?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 8:06 AM

Hello:) Have you checked these things?

FaceTime is an Apple specific product.

1. Is your “phone” an Apple iPhone, iPod touch or iPad? If not, that’s why.
  2. If so, is it actively connected to a WiFi hotspot with internet access? If not, that’s why.
  3. If so, are you logged in with a valid Apple user ID? No? There’s your problem.
  4. Yes? Does the person you’re calling meet all of the above?

~Katana-San~

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2021 8:06 AM in response to taksh94

Hello:) Have you checked these things?

FaceTime is an Apple specific product.

1. Is your “phone” an Apple iPhone, iPod touch or iPad? If not, that’s why.
  2. If so, is it actively connected to a WiFi hotspot with internet access? If not, that’s why.
  3. If so, are you logged in with a valid Apple user ID? No? There’s your problem.
  4. Yes? Does the person you’re calling meet all of the above?

~Katana-San~

Can’t accept or call on FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.