Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Apple have passwords stored and generation options?

Does Apple have password generation and save option?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2021 1:07 PM

Yes. Safari can generate secure login passwords and stores them to an iCloud Keychain for access across devices.

For info, please see –

Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204085#setupicloudkeychain

8 replies

Jul 29, 2021 1:57 PM in response to PRP_53

Good catch. I did notice the security update 11.5.1 need to be updated. I am not sure why the profile is incorrect, current using Big Sur 11.5.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

I am not sure about the time machine back-up, I've not have run used that in a while as I thought the cloud made it redundant?

I will run time machine with your recommendation. Good idea.

Again, thanks Cle'

Jul 29, 2021 2:07 PM in response to cle-224

Welcome and thank You too :-))

As for iCloud versus Time Machine Backup. iCloud is really only good for its' intended use. That is, a Conduit to have files on the cloud so changes made on one of your apple devices is reflected on all other of your devices. iCloud was not designed or intended as an External Drive and used for Storage or Archives.

Now Time Machine Backup is invaluable in tricky situations and can even Revert to a Previous Version of macOS - yes previous version. Just go to Apple Support page and search " how to revert to previous version of macOS " Am on a Windows 10 Pro computer at the moment or would provide a link.

Does Apple have passwords stored and generation options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.