Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The "Allow User to administer this computer" does not allow me to click on it And the Guest User can not be deleted

1/. Why the check box "Allow User to administer this computer"at the first picture is not active?

2/. How to delete Guest User (off) on the second picture because the check box +/- active only the plus + but the minus - not active?

This is my MacBook Pro 13 chip M1 2020.

I'm just following user manual to try how it work and realise something wrong.

I hate Geust User but I can not delete it

I did something wrong?

Please help

MacBook Pro 13″, 11.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 3:35 AM

bmwrr wrote:

1/. Why the check box "Allow User to administer this computer"at the first picture is not active?

It's not active because you can't change it while logged into the account. Nor would you want to.

6 replies

Jul 30, 2021 7:58 PM in response to bmwrr

The "Guest" user account is not active as indicated in the screenshots which show the Guest user is "Off". You should not see the Guest user account on the login screen when booting or waking the Mac unless there is some other issue. You cannot remove the Guest item from the "Users & Groups" screen because you would then have no way to manage the "Guest" user account. See this Apple article which shows the "Guest" user account entry always exists on the left pane of the "Users & Groups" pane.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Jul 30, 2021 9:34 PM in response to HWTech

Yes, at the beginning the Guest User does not appear on my login screen when booting or waking.

Then, after I did something to practice follow user manual it appeared on the login screen when booted but not waked. I understand something mistake has happened.

Fortunately, last night I upgraded macOS Big Sur to 11.5.1 and today, after receiving your reply, I checked again to make sure what has happened before replying you, then the Guest User disappeared on the login screen when booting 😍.

So the second question has been fixed and I'm happy. Now I come back to the first one to see more what is going on after upgrading macOS Big Sur.

Thank you for your help and I highly appreciate you got me more knowledge about it.

The "Allow User to administer this computer" does not allow me to click on it And the Guest User can not be deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.