Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending my Macbook Pro to two displays (not duplicating)

Hi there,

I want to extend my Macbook Pro screen to two displays - one to the left and one to the right on my desk.

I initially looking into finding a HDMI splitter to use the HDMI port to extend the display to two monitors. However most of the products I found only allow duplication - not extension. Does anyone have experience of finding a splitter that does extend?

The alternative would be to use the HDMI port and then also a USB port on my Macbook Pro (USB-A as its a 2014 model). I assume I'd need a USB to HDMI converter. However this is obviously less convenient but could still work.

Any help appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 6:05 AM

stevesayskanpai wrote:

Hi there,

I want to extend my Macbook Pro screen to two displays - one to the left and one to the right on my desk.

I initially looking into finding a HDMI splitter to use the HDMI port to extend the display to two monitors. However most of the products I found only allow duplication - not extension. Does anyone have experience of finding a splitter that does extend?

The alternative would be to use the HDMI port and then also a USB port on my Macbook Pro (USB-A as its a 2014 model). I assume I'd need a USB to HDMI converter. However this is obviously less convenient but could still work.

Any help appreciated.

Use multiple displays with your Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-multiple-displays-mchl7c7ebe08/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 6:05 AM in response to stevesayskanpai

stevesayskanpai wrote:

Hi there,

Any help appreciated.

Use multiple displays with your Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-multiple-displays-mchl7c7ebe08/mac

Extending my Macbook Pro to two displays (not duplicating)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.