Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

light and dark mode

I have had my computer on dark mode for two years. My word document page was still white, but recently it has turned black. When I turn it on light mode it goes back to white, but before I had it on dark mode and had my default page as white. How do i do that again?

I know that you can change colour, but that means every time you open the document you have to do that and some colours don't look the same either.

How can I make the default white for the page but my computer on dark mode?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2021 8:45 PM

I was in the same situation with MS Word and Dark Mode with Dark Page as well until I figured it out. There are two ways. The first way is the one that you already know and that is to Click on VIEW and then SWITCH MODES. This switch the page to White until the session is over and then when you open the app again then it reverts back to the dark page.

The permanent way is to open the Word app and then choose Word ➔ Preferences ➔ General : Under Personalize ➔ Select Dark Mode has a White Page Color. See image below:

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2021 8:45 PM in response to nikomn

I was in the same situation with MS Word and Dark Mode with Dark Page as well until I figured it out. There are two ways. The first way is the one that you already know and that is to Click on VIEW and then SWITCH MODES. This switch the page to White until the session is over and then when you open the app again then it reverts back to the dark page.

The permanent way is to open the Word app and then choose Word ➔ Preferences ➔ General : Under Personalize ➔ Select Dark Mode has a White Page Color. See image below:

Axel F.

light and dark mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.