Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dolby Atmos Disappear

I'm using Apple music and today Just play as usually. When I play Spatial Music there is no icon "Dolby Atmos" if that album or song have Dolby Atmos and Lossless, I cannot see any icon when I playing. If the album has only lossless, I can see the icon when I playing. Can you help me figure out what error or what happen in my device?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 5:20 AM

10 replies

Jul 31, 2021 10:54 PM in response to mingoslkd

Hi mingoslkd,

Thank for your help, I’m sorry ‘cause not clarify at the first point. I can hear Dolby Atmos in my device until the Friday; like Example, I usually hear Folklore of Taylor, it fully Dolby Atmos, but in friday I listen it as normal but the icon disappear. I have no idea why the icon disappear, but the sound seem like nothing change

Aug 23, 2021 11:44 AM in response to Grisha_Gromov

Before I begin, I fully understand not all songs are mixed for Atmos...

I have observed the same issue. It sounds different when Atmos is enabled (always on), but the logo is not displayed which is not reassuring. Previously the Dobly Atmos logo appeared when my headphones where connected, either wired or via Bluetooth . Apple, please fix this.

Sep 10, 2021 2:21 AM in response to Trung Truong

Ok this is bad practise on apples part and a bit of the dark arts at play here if your asking me…

They used to display the Dolby atoms logo (with my Bower&wilkins headphones on over Bluetooth with the initial release of Dolby atmos - after having to manually select it like Apple says with third party headphones) however I noticed this logo had been removed this summer while using the headphones? I don’t know why, it still sound like Dolby atmos to my ears? If I turn the headphone off it displays the logo again like magic…

@apple can you explain why you made this change please, sell more headphones?

Dolby Atmos Disappear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.