Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Booting up.

How to prevent programs from opening during startups? Everytime I open my Mac, there are programs that automatically opens. Usually the last program I used before turning off my Mac. What i usually do is to use force quit everytime I'm done using my Mac.

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 7:22 AM

5 replies

Jul 30, 2021 7:28 AM in response to chris28paredes

Check in System Preferences >> User & Groups >> your account >> Login Items. and remove any application not desire to load when computer restarts.

Does the same behaviour present with starting in Safe Mode ?

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation. The Built-in Security of Big Sur is all that is required.

Booting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.