Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro won’t turn on

I have a brand new 16” MacBook Pro that wont turn on. Removed it from the box, attempted to turn it on and received the dead battery symbol. Plugged it in and saw the lightning bolt indicating the battery is now charging. Closed the lid and let it charge overnight. This morning i opened the lid and the battery is still dead and shows its still charging. Unplugged the power adapter and brought laptop and charger to my office. Plugged it in here at the office at 6am, lightning bolt appeared on the screen indicating it is charging. Closed the lid and let it sit for 3 hours. Open the lid and battery is still dead and still shows its charging. Defective unit?

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 8:35 AM

zeke82 wrote:

I have a brand new 16” MacBook Pro that wont turn on. Removed it from the box, attempted to turn it on and received the dead battery symbol. Plugged it in and saw the lightning bolt indicating the battery is now charging. Closed the lid and let it charge overnight. This morning i opened the lid and the battery is still dead and shows its still charging. Unplugged the power adapter and brought laptop and charger to my office. Plugged it in here at the office at 6am, lightning bolt appeared on the screen indicating it is charging. Closed the lid and let it sit for 3 hours. Open the lid and battery is still dead and still shows its charging. Defective unit?

Return it for one that works.

I would always plug in a new machine before you attempt to operate on battery only—

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2021 8:35 AM in response to zeke82

zeke82 wrote:

Return it for one that works.

I would always plug in a new machine before you attempt to operate on battery only—

New Macbook Pro won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.