Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing fonts

I recently brought my computer to a different state for an extended vacation. When I opened my document on Pages, fonts were missing. Am unable to download them again. Has anyone else had the problem of fonts missing???

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 10:06 AM

The AbadiMT-Condensed family is offered by Microsoft in its Office applications and is not installed by Pages, or by macOS Big Sur. If you used an MS-Office font on one Mac discoverable by Pages, but on another Mac without that version of MS Office or a newer version of MS Office that stores its fonts within the individual Office applications, then Pages would not be able to resolve that font reference in your Pages document.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 10:06 AM in response to juliefrompalm desert

The AbadiMT-Condensed family is offered by Microsoft in its Office applications and is not installed by Pages, or by macOS Big Sur. If you used an MS-Office font on one Mac discoverable by Pages, but on another Mac without that version of MS Office or a newer version of MS Office that stores its fonts within the individual Office applications, then Pages would not be able to resolve that font reference in your Pages document.

Aug 1, 2021 6:23 AM in response to juliefrompalm desert

The Microsoft Abadi and Abadi Extra Light font families are actually Microsoft Cloud fonts unique to recent Microsoft 365 subscribers, and those using OneNote and Outlook on Mac. Pages should be entirely clueless about this class of Microsoft fonts when found in shared Office documents.

I wondered about this, and as I do not use MS Office either, I chose to embed a font unique to LibreOffice v7.1.5 in a saved Word (.docx) document. When Pages v11.1 opened this document, it silently replaced the embedded font with Times New Roman. This would suggest that the Microsoft Cloud fonts mentioned above, should have met the same fate.

One possibility is that you independently downloaded these fonts from a third-party font site into an older version of macOS that still allowed installation into /Library/Fonts, and Pages would have seen them. However, following macOS Catalina and Big Sur upgrades, the /Library/Fonts area is vacuumed of fonts, and that might explain why they are now missing on your vacation. Still speculating…

Missing fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.