Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set mac mini for shutdown with UPS?

Just added a CyberPower UPS to which my mac mini 2018 (and monitors) are connected.

On CyberPower site, it is said that a mac can be set with the UPS to shut down in case of power outage without using their software.

The following article say same thing: https://support.apple.com/lv-lv/guide/mac-help/mchlp2987/mac

However, there is no such option as ''UPS'' under ''Energy Saver'' as the article suggests...

macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 10:23 PM

Is the Mac cabled to the battery, and then rebooted?

Depending on the model, a Schneider APC battery usually has a funky USB cable involved.

If that connection and reboot doesn’t cause the battery to be detected, check with the battery vendor.

5 replies

Jul 31, 2021 1:44 PM in response to lanstrad1

Reset NVRAM and SMC and boot through Safe Mode and try again, assuming an Intel Mac.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If there are add-on anti-malware or anti-virus apps, add-on cleaner apps, or VPN add-on apps, remoce them and try again.

Jul 31, 2021 12:58 PM in response to tbirdvet

I mistakingly disconnected a non-UPS power bar where was connected the USB hub I use for connecting the UPS unit, then realized even after reconnecting that the button in Apple Energy Saver disappeared.

I tried to restart, then as it did not bring it back, to completely shut down and cold boot, but it's still not reappearing.

The idea is that I eventually wish indeed to plug that USB hub into the UPS unit of course, so it can do its job in case of power outage.

Have you ever experienced this issue with the CyberPower unit ?

How to set mac mini for shutdown with UPS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.