Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store refuses to repair iPad, insists on trade-in only

I tried to take my broken iPad 12.9" Gen 2 device for repair at the Apple Store. They claimed that *only* 3rd parties will repair devices and that they only do trade-ins, offering me a new iPad Pro for around $700 ( my old iPad). Is this legit?

Please advice.

Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2021 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 12:14 AM

I did fix an appointment with Genius Service (or whatever) at my local Apple Store, using the Repair req link above. I had an appointment to go in today and when I went to drop it off for repair, they insisted I trade it in, instead. Why offer repair services if you insist on trade-in?

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 31, 2021 12:11 PM in response to FreshEarly

Apple and Apple Stores DO NOT repair iPads.

To expedite speedy customer service, Apple and Apple stores ONLY DO in/out of warranty device replacements.

It is what it is.

No other options.

To do any significant repairs to an iPad will still cost a significant sum of money to repair and would take some significant time time to repair of which you would be without a device.

Your ONLY option with Apple is device replacement.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

Apple Store refuses to repair iPad, insists on trade-in only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.