Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep or shutdown (iMac)

I've just bought new M1 iMac.

And I have question related to it as I have never had an iMac before.

Should I unplug and shut down the system or put it to to sleep after use like my MacBook? I have read online that Mac does some maintenance tasks while sleeping.

What do you all suggest?

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 11:33 AM

There is almost never a need to unplug your Mac unless you are expecting power problems in your area such as lighting, brownouts, power being shut down in your area etc.

I use the following settings for my system and have for close to 20 years as I find it to be more stable and trouble free than putting the computer to sleep:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2021 11:33 AM in response to Arisug

There is almost never a need to unplug your Mac unless you are expecting power problems in your area such as lighting, brownouts, power being shut down in your area etc.

I use the following settings for my system and have for close to 20 years as I find it to be more stable and trouble free than putting the computer to sleep:

Sleep or shutdown (iMac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.