Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The never ending quest to turn off LIVE photos . . .

Nothing in the thread devoted to this topic actually works for one simple reason—

with apple LIVE photos icon so prominently located onscreen, any quick adjustment of how one is holding the phone is liable to turn LIVE (stupid) PHOTOS back on, and very likely you may not notice.

what is necessary is moving the LIVE PHOTOS icon to somewhere in a deeper menu so that a casual user CANNOT accidentally turn it back on.

this is absolutely the MOST ANNOYING AND MOST RIDICULOUS thing about Apple photos and if anyone has a cheat that can permanently kill or delete STUPID LIVE PHOTOS please place it or,a,link to,it in this and the other Live Photo’s thread.

I’m tearing my hair out and thinking about an alternate phone supplier

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 5:44 PM

No one here can do anything about that. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

8 replies

Aug 12, 2021 10:08 PM in response to Pier Rodelon

I've struggled with this too. Try this. Open the camera, touch the Live Photo icon to turn it off (a line will appear through it). With the camera still open, go to Settings > Camera > Preserve Settings, then turn on the Live Photo switch. This should preserve the Live Photo off setting in the camera. It seems to have done the trick for me; hope it helps you.

Aug 19, 2021 4:04 PM in response to Pier Rodelon

OMG me too I feel like someone is looking at me even from behind I think it runs constantly and I have never taken a picture on my phone have you looked at the settings I don’t think they make sense I am happy to have someone that is seeing so bizarre things usual I factory reset my phone cause the camera app disappears and that the only way to get it back please keep in touch with me

Aug 19, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Community User

I have a lot of bizarre issues but I started thinking it was me but I am starting to realize I am not alone I am constantly finding myself checking everything because once hacked then it can happen again please let me know any other odd things that you see

Sep 17, 2021 1:33 PM in response to for-what-its-worth

Thank you! Back in the day, camera companies made a big deal of offering stabilization technology. Now Apple makes it almost the default. What gives? Anyway, I think this fix works. Good luck, all.

The never ending quest to turn off LIVE photos . . .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.